Has it been a while since you’ve been scuba diving?
Do you feel like your scuba skills and knowledge are a bit rusty?
Then Scuba Refresher - Tune-up is just the program you need.
It reacquaints you with diving so that you’re back to feeling comfortable in the underwater world in less than a day.
You go over scuba knowledge you learned during your initial training. Then, practice fundamental skills in a confined water area. You will review:
- Safe diving practices
- Dive planning fundamentals
- Problem management
- Breathing air at depth
- Recreational diving and dive tables: basic knowledge
- Recreational diving and dive tables: dive planning
The SCUBA Refresher - TuneUp program consists of two parts:
. Knowledge development
The questions in the knowledge review are based on the questionnaire and quizzes from the PADI Open Water Course. This not a test that you can fail! Your diving instructor or divemaster will be happy to discuss any question you did not understand with you.
.The Skills to review are as follows:
- Assemble and disassemble your diving equipment
- Pre-Dive safety check
- Deep water entry
- Buoyancy check on the surface
- Snorkel to regulator exchange
- Regulator recovery and clearing underwater
- Underwater mask removal and replacement
- Breathe from an alternate air source for 30 seconds
- Obtain neutral buoyancy and pivot on fin tips underwater
- Remove and replace your weight system underwater
- Remove and replace your BCD underwater
To participate in the Refresher - TuneUp program, you must:
. Be 10 years or older
. Be in good health *
. Have a scuba diver certification or be enrolled in a scuba certification course
* Please note before you undertake any course or scuba diving training you must complete a PADI Medical form to ensure you can dive. You can download it here.