The Tec 45 course picks up where Tec 40 leaves off and takes yourDiver in technical scuba equipment training as a tec diver further and deeper. It is the second sub course in the full Tec 50 course. Building on the Tec 40 program, the Tec 45 module covers the skills, equipment and planning needed to dive to a maximum of 145 feet.
The knowledge to plan and execute single and repetitive decompression dives using a single stage cylinder of EANx or oxygen to accelerate or add conservatism to the decompression stops There would be no time limit to amount of decompression. Prepare for and respond to foreseeable technical diving emergencies. Master the basic skills and procedures you’ll need as you move into deeper technical diving.
This program is intended for those divers who do not yet have the prerequisite experience and training needed to move into technical deep diving, but who wish to begin developing the skills and knowledge involved. Its goals are:
- To qualify the diver to make gas-switch extended no-stop dives to a maximum depth of 145 feet.
- Use a single decompression gas of EANx or Oxygen to accelerate decompression or add conservatism to the dive.
- To train the diver in the motor skills required for technical diving.
- To assure the diver understands and acknowledges the hazards and risks involved with technical diving, as well as the limits of the training received in this course.
- To train the diver to prepare for and respond to the reasonably foreseeable emergencies that may occur in this type of diving.
- To provide the foundational skills and knowledge for completing the entire Technical Diver Program.
To qualify for the DSAT Tec 45 Diver course, you must:
. Be in good health *
. Be certified as a PADI Tec 40 certification (or equivalent)
. Be certified as a PADI Rescue Diver (or equivalent)
. Have a diver insurance
. Have 50 logged dives with the following:
12 dives were made with enriched air nitrox deeper than 60 feet
6 (with or without EANx) dives were deeper than 100 feet
* Please note before you undertake any course or scuba diving training you must complete a PADI Medical form to ensure you can dive. You can download it here.